Sales & Accounts Manager (EMEA)
Human Made is looking for an experienced Sales & Accounts Manager in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) to join our global team. You can be located anywhere in EMEA.
As a Sales & Accounts Manager at Human Made, you are responsible for planning and managing the sales process, for looking after client accounts in your specified market, and for current and future revenue in that market.
As the person who drives sales in a specific market, you will collaborate with colleagues in Growth and Client Services to map out your sales strategy, integrating that back into the company-wide strategy. You will factor in the current portfolio of clients in the market, client services delivery capacity, and the company-wide growth and business development strategy. You will assess and identify the best markets and industry sectors for us to focus on, and collaborate with colleagues to define business development strategies.
In your sales capacity, you will field incoming sales opportunities, qualifying any leads, and guiding qualified opportunities through the sales pipeline to being onboarded as clients. You will collaborate transparently across teams to put together estimates, proposals, and pitch decks. You’ll adapt the sales process to suit specific engagements and contribute to organizational learning by feeding back any refinements to the sales team. You will communicate the status of your proportion of the sales pipeline with the wider sales team and beyond
In your accounts capacity, you represent the company to the client and are their first point of contact for account queries and requests. You should coordinate regularly with the delivery team, including the Project Manager and the Project Tech Lead, solving account-level problems and maintaining the good working relationship of the project team and client. Human Made seeks to be the trusted technical partner of every client, and you will work with the rest of the project team to achieve that goal, making the most of every client relationship. You will have to carry out administrative tasks such as dealing with invoicing and billing, sending contracts and NDAs, and reporting to the Finance Team as required. You should cultivate an excellent relationship with every client, identifying further opportunities where Human Made can deliver value.
You will contribute to the development and evolution of the methodologies, based upon the agile approach, that Human Made uses to deliver projects. You should lean upon this agile delivery philosophy to sell and support the delivery of our projects, and use your knowledge of the process to provide occasional cover for project managers.
You should work with other members of your team to share best practices, and with colleagues across the company to refine and improve on processes.
In collaboration with the Commercial Director you should identify emerging needs for capacity within the Sales & Account Management team, and work with the CD to define new roles and how they can be defined to best support the team. As a member of a regional Client Services Team, you will use your knowledge to collaborate with your team members to produce the regional sales strategy and as such should cultivate excellent working relationships with all team members.
The Sales and Accounts Team is part of the Growth Department, sharing its objectives and overall strategy. You are responsible for ensuring that all members of the Growth Department have a clear understanding of your needs and your support requirements. You should be prepared to provide your insight into clients and markets in order to support their activities. You’ll work in close coordination with the Business Development & Marketing team, integrating their objectives and campaigns into your sales strategies for your markets, and developing and evolving the pipeline to manage outbound generated leads and new business.
Human Made is a remote company so you should have excellent written communication skills that enable you to work with a diverse group of people from around the world. You should be able to work in a self-directed manner, addressing problems as they come up, and identifying issues in your area of work and fixing them. You should be able to prioritise your tasks and be confident about speaking up to ask for help when you need it.
- Work with the client services and growth departments to maintain a healthy, profitable, well balanced, and growing portfolio of existing clients in EMEA.
- Manage client accounts in EMEA
- Be the point of escalation for client-related issues
- Financial reporting and client-level administration
- Understand and manage the risk associated with the development and platform clients in your region, and ensure the clients’ expectations match ours.
- Own the definition and implementation of a sales strategy for your market in collaboration with the regional client services team, and manage the sales pipeline for new clients and projects.
- Manage the sales pipeline from first introduction to transition into an active delivery project, or to the point where the opportunity is closed due to a bad fit or loss.
- Manage the production of estimates, sales proposals, and pitch decks, with support from and in collaboration with available Project Managers and Developers.
- Ensure that successful sales opportunities are successfully transitioned to a delivery team with the resources and information necessary to deliver a good outcome.
- Communicate that sales strategy across the growth and client services teams
- Actively contributing to improving systems and processes in the growth and client services teams
- Experienced sales person, with a track record of managing a sales pipeline from initial enquiry through to closed deals of a value above £100,000 each on average.
- Experience of sales in a technology professional services and/or product sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both internally and with clients.
- You should be comfortable making decisions based upon partial information, leaning upon good intuition and judgement, and be able to bring a team along with you.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Diplomacy when approaching the sometimes competing needs of the client and the project team.
- Experience and/or knowledge working with:
- an agile framework and/or with agile management principles.
- a distributed team, geographically distributed and communicating across a variety of synchronous and asynchronous channels.
- a professional services agency context, delivering to clients under a range of contractual arrangements.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance (in countries without nationalised health)
- Minimum 28 days holiday
- Up to one year paid paternity & maternity leave
- Sickness & bereavement policies
- Company-purchased laptop and phone
- Annual company retreat
- Annual company team meetup
- Training and Conference Allowance